- When a club member sets a non club member
- Insult - Japanese
motorcycles or foreign made bikes.
- A small "E" clip that holds the handlebar
switches together that when you drop it, you
might say "Oh Jesus", 'cause you know you will
never find it.
- Precisely drilled opening in the carburetor
fuel passes into the air stream. More
generally, any hold used to control the passage
of gas or fluid.
helmet - A
with no chin guard or visor.
- This is a carb part that meters the
fuel going through a jet, or hole.
Jiffy - Side
Jockey Shift (er)
- The partner to the 'suicide clutch', this was another chopper convention,
dispensing with the long shift rod and the lever and gate on the left side
fuel tank. Instead, a short, about four to
six inch, lever was fitted directly to the top
of the transmission and shifted by the rider
directly, by reaching under his left thigh. This
made neutral rather easy to find and, in the
hands of an expert, faster to shift than the
stock foot clutch, hand shift mechanism.
wheel - A wheel used to maintain tension
in a chain or belt.
- Any overdressed
- When the battery is too low to start the
engine, one can jump start it from a good
Given'r - Canadian. Expression for
hard and/or fast.